Pretty Hair is Fun – How to do a Side Rope Twist Video Tutorial

How to do a Side Rope Twist Hairstyle

This is a cute hairstyle that I do frequently on my gals. It’s fast, and simple, and cute! This hairstyle works great on medium to long hair lengths.

Side Rope Twist Braid: Pretty Hair is Fun

Our little oldie picture…:)

article-569787-1379959877.22

Pretty Hair is Fun: Side Rope Twist Braid Pretty Hair is Fun: Side Rope Twist Braid

Hairstyle Instructions:

Materials needed: Spray bottle, elastic, comb, brush.

Part hair in side part, either angled or straight back. Comb all hair down smoothly. Β I begin my twist on the larger side of part.

Take a section of hair near temple, and split in half. Wrap the two pieces around each other once. I wrap up.

Continue, but after first twist, add hair up from the bottom only to section going over.

Continue to add in hair as you progress around the back of the head, following natural curve of the head. Β Comb hair often to smooth both in the twist and the hair that you are add in. I prefer wet hair when I do this style.

When you reach the other side, just behind the other ear, I ponytail off the twist. At this point you can add a stuffed messy bun, or leave in a ponytail.

And you are done and looking fabulous!!

11 Comments

1. Rachel says:

You’re blog is great- I love your videos and all your dos are so cute! It helps to see how someone else does things like this- I’ll have to try it your way because it ends up looking so much nicer than mine…Anyway, good job! πŸ™‚

-Rachel@Redpunzel

2. cassia says:

CUTE!!! Will you please add my hair blog to your side bar??

3. Dreamer13 says:

So elegant! I can’t wait til my daughter has hair long enough to try this!

4. cassia says:

Yes, you link is on there! Thanks SO much for adding mine!!! Cute do. I actually do this (ALL the time), but I never did the messy bun! Cute!!
    Cassia

5. Dreamer13 says:

You got an award! Come check it out and pass it on! πŸ™‚ http://www.curlyqshairdos.blogspot.com

6. Tammy says:

Hi Shaunell…here is the link for your award. I gave you the Sunshine Award…Congrats!

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by today! πŸ™‚

7. Heather says:

Stopping by from SITS! I am in love with your blog! I will be back over and over now that my 5 year old finally has long hair. πŸ™‚ I linked to you under Little Girl Hairstyles on my blog. So glad I found you!

8. ArethaB says:

love this~ the videos make such a difference. You make it look so much easier that it is for me!

9. YOU saved the day today!!! We homeschool our kids (2 girls and 1 boy) and today was picture day at the local school. I saw your blog last night and literally had 10 minutes to do the girls hair before we left. I have found our new style!!! And it was super EASY!!! I am now a subscriber to your blog, thanks for the great tip. Can’t wait to see what new styles you come up with.

10. Amy says:

I love this hairstyle! I’m off to try it on my daughter now!